Google & Bing CTR Study
The main objective of this study, first and foremost, is to better understand user CTR behavior and to help quantify ROI from SEO campaigns. We attempted to do this by answering the following questions:
- What is our observed CTR curve for organic U.S. results for positions #1-10 in Google SERPs?
- What is our observed CTR curve for organic U.S. results for positions #1-10 in Bing SERPs?
- How do the CTR curves for Google and Bing compare with each other?
- What amount of long-tail click-through can we expect for a keyword that has a stable rank in its SERP?
- What impact do images, videos, news, places, and shopping results have on user behavior?
An organic Click-Through Rate (CTR) on search engines is one of the best metrics to measure user engagement on the Internet. Google and Bing have more influence than ever before, controlling over 95% of all search engine queries.